|Rosie in Bay Mills RV Park|
|Suzy looks a little ragged first thing in the morning|
For example, all of the sites in our area were grass and pull-thrus. Plus they were large enough that you could hitch-up without your tow vehicle being in the road. The side-to-side space was large enough that it was safe to open your awnings. These features made it easy to park Rosie, our 25 foot Airstream trailer.
Another welcomed convenience was that our site had full connections including cable TV. Many of the TV stations on their cable system were HD. It was nice to have a wide variety of choices when it came to TV programming.
OK, the campground appeared to be a large parking lot, but it offered many amenities that were very much appreciated.
One of the big "draws" for the campground wasn't at the park. The park was located near several amazing sights in Michigan's Upper Peninsula and was a great base while visiting them.
|This is a sign we don't see in the South|
|I had a different mental picture of "Paradise"|
The campground was well maintained while we were there. Staff members drove through it several times and made sure everything was neat and picked up.
Here are some specifics about this park:
- Our site had 20, 30 and 50 amp electrical service.
- Our site had a water connection.
- Our site had a sewer connection.
- Our site had a cable TV connection that provided a good selection of HD channels.
- We did switch over to Rosie's antenna to watch some stations from Canada. It didn't take long for us to lower the TV antenna and go back to watching cable stations.
- The park's restrooms and showers were located near the entrance. They were well maintained and clean.
- There was a coin-operated laundry at the campground. It was normally busy. We were thankful that it charged $1.25 to wash a load.
- This was a pet friendly park.
|Becky and Suzy on a boat ride|
|Steve and Suzy on a hike|
|Becky at Tahquamenon Falls|
|On the boat traveling through Michigan's Soo Locks|
|Suzy as she travels through the Soo Locks|
|Looking at Canada's coast from the Soo Locks|