|Paintsville Lake State Park|
Paintsville Lake State Park is, as you have already guessed, on Paintsville Lake. The lake was created by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers and it seemed to be popular with boaters.
Speaking of the lake, it was gorgeous. It seemed to be a well-known fishing spot based of the number of people trying their luck while we were there.
|Rosie in the campground|
This is a relatively small campground with fewer than 50 campsites. You feel as though you are in a valley because you see mountains when you look around, but the star attraction in this campground is the lake.
Here is some specific information about this park:
- Our site had 20, 30 and 50 amp electrical service.
- Our site had a water connection with good pressure.
- Our site had a sewer connection.
- There is one bathhouse serving the campground and a restroom outside the camping area for the day visitors. The campground bathhouse was clean and well-maintained.
- Our campsite was gravel and we had to use our leveling tools to correct a slight lean.
- The park had pay-per-day WiFi. We paid and the service was adequate.
- AT&T placed a weak 4G voice and data signal over the park.
- This was a pet-friendly park.
- We were unable to see any TV signals from Rosie's antenna. Make sure you bring some DVDs if you want any video entertainment.
|Becky's father and his wife visit us in Rosie|
We were pleasantly surprised to see how nice this park was and we would return to it if in the area.
|We stopped for a ski lift on the way|
|Airstream trailers in a parking lot|
|Visiting L:oretta Lynn's Birth Place|