|Kentucky Horse Park Campground|
First, the sites are very nice and large. There is a respectable distance between your rig and your neighbor's. We had a pleasant view of a wooded area behind Rosie, our 25 foot Airstream trailer.
Second, this is a huge park. There are 260 campsite in this park.
Third, our site was paved with asphalt. That helped make it nice to get in and out of Rosie when it rained while we were there.
These three factors help contribute to this being a very nice campground.
|Rosie's site at the Horse Park|
The power connection was immediately behind most camping sites. The one on our site was heavily dented and that indicated to me that too many trailers had backed into it over the years. We needed to pay close attention to where Rosie's bumper was while parking her. We didn't want to scar Rosie's backside by hitting the power box.
It didn't take long to discover why this is called a Horse Park. We were amazed at how many people brought their horses there. There are more than 1,400 stalls to house horses in the park and we watched several horse competitions while camping there.
|Becky meets a horse|
|A horse with rider at the park|
This was a wonderful park to walk around in. The roads were paved and there were many large and beautiful trees in the park.
Here are some specifics about this park:
- There are multiple camping loops in this park. It appeared that no one loop was better than the others.
- Our site had 10, 30 and 50 amp power service. We noticed that the voltage was slightly high at 129 volts.
- Our site had around 45 psi water pressure.
- Our site did not include a sewer connection.
- We found two bathhouses in this park. There may have been more. The bathhouse we saw was clean and warm.
- There was a small laundry facility in the bathhouse nearest the camp store.
- Our site was paved, but not level.
- The park had WiFi. We were unable to successfully log in and use it.
- AT&T placed a strong 4G voice and data signal over this park.
- This is a very pet friendly park. "Pets" at this park include horses.
- We saw signals from many TV stations using Rosie's antenna. Networks included ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC and PBS. Digital channels included Antenna-TV, CW, ME-TV, MY and ION.
|The "Derby" Hat|
|Derby Day at Keeneland|
|Suzy needs a drink|
|Drive Thru Betting on Derby Day|
|Inside Kentucky's State Capital|